About The Product
- SAFE, NATURAL PROTECTION: Thinksport Kids sunscreen provides effective SPF 50+ sun protection for children. The broad spectrum UVA & UVB children’s sunblock is suitable for daily use on kids’ sensitive skin, offering gentle defense against the sun’s rays.
- EASY APPLICATION: Kids hate standing still, so this hydrating sun cream is quick and easy to apply, and protection begins instantly. The fast absorbing children’s sun lotion won’t leave skin feeling oily or sticky, and has no unpleasant chemical scent.
- CLEAN MINERAL FORMULA: The first sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements, Thinksport vegan, Leaping Bunny certified sun creams contain no PABA, parabens, phthalates, BPA, oxybenzone, avobenzone, petroleum, gluten, dairy, or toxic chemicals.
- WATER RESISTANT: Your child can swim, dive and play in the water safely. Their children’s sun cream provides the highest water resistance per the FDA, offering kids continuous protection for up to 80 minutes in the pool or sea before the sunscreen should be re-applied.
- REEF FRIENDLY: Safe for children, and safe for the earth. Produced in the USA, their sunscreen’s active ingredient is non-nano Zinc Oxide, and the formula is highly biodegradable, non toxic and does not contain any known chemicals harmful to coral reefs.
If you are not sure of the importance of buying products made in the USA, please visit our main site where we make a very compelling case on the virtues of buying the Thinksport Kids SPF 50+ Mineral Sunscreen.
Thank you for buying American.
Buy at one of theses fine stores
UVA & UVB Broad-Spectrum
Consumers have been led to believe that ultra-high SPF numbers like 70 and 100 provide much more protection than SPF 30. This is False. SPF 30 provides 97% protection from UVB and SPF 100 provides 99% coverage for UVB. They tell folks if you look at the back of the tube and you see a bunch of words you don’t recognize, you probably don’t want to put that on your skin. It is important that you’re using a truly Broad-spectrum formula that covers UVA and UVB.
Mineral Based Formula
Chemical sunscreens make up the majority of the market unfortunately. They are both cheep and apply clear. Mineral based solutions can cause some amount of whitening during use and are also more expensive. But at what cost is it cheaper? Some mineral base formulations have also taken to using clear zinc or nano particle sized zinc or titanium. They recommend sourcing a non-nano zinc oxide solution. There is just not enough data on the ability for nano particles getting into the blood stream. As such, it is better to embrace the Precautionary Principle.
There are now three levels of water resistance. Not water resistant, water resistant (40 minutes) and water resistant (80 minutes). They have all become used to seeing words like sweatproof or waterproof. The FDA kicked that terminology out. There are now very specific tests. Keep in mind, that if you’re at the beach or pool that you’ll need to reapply after being in the water. And to achieve the SPF factor of your sunscreen you have to reapply every two hours. One application does not keep you at SPF 50 or whatever is on the sunscreen label. And you should be using about 1oz to cover an adult body.
Tips for Application
- Be sure to apply all areas that will be exposed to sunlight, including behind the ears, neck, hands, feet, and scalp 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying, at least every 2 hours
- While the sunscreen applies very easily, we recommend not spreading it too thin. Otherwise you will decrease the effectiveness of the sunscreen
The majority of sunscreens currently on the market are full of questionable ingredients and known carcinogens. Simply looking at the ingredients you’ll quickly realize you don’t recognize any of them. Many existing sunscreens have been brought to market with little concern for their safety. Not only do ingredients in sunscreen interact with skin, but data shows after application of lotions, some of the same chemicals can be detected in the bloodstream. Most people wear sunscreen to reduce the chance of developing cancer, so why apply something that could potentially increase this risk? This question has unfortunately left many people moving away from using sunscreen at all.
Their Chemical Policy
Thinkbaby & Thinksport employ the precautionary principle when choosing the materials to work with.